It's been 12 days now since our wedding, we got to see all the official photos and a few of the unofficial ones, and we've been on our honeymoon trip to Brussels. So when will I finally write a good long blog post about the wedding?
The answer is: Sometime next week?
Why not before: Well, a combination of being busy and being sad.
Thus this post to explain why and give a short update about what I've been doing since the last post.
We spent Sunday cleaning the place where we had the wedding party Saturday, and going to another town (an hours drive or so away) with my sister in law and her boyfriend (I have a sister in law! How cool is that?!) to lay my bouquet on Stefan's father's grave. But I already mentioned that, didn't I?
Monday we cleaned our own apartment - a little. Some of our friends had been in to pour rice everywhere, move some of our stuff around, write "congratulations" in tooth paste on our bathroom mirror, and other nice things, as is the tradition. Also we had a whole heap of presents. So something had to be done, and we cleaned up most of the rice on the floor (there's still loads of it left on shelves, in cupboards and in drawers) and moved stuff so there was actually a little free space on the floor. And we did a bit of laundry and packed our bags for the honeymoon.
Tuesday we started the honeymoon. We got to Brussels, found our hotel, checked in, got some food and looked at the town a bit. The next days we looked much more at the town (and at another one, Brugge, where we went on a one day trip). In brief, my opinion of it is: It's a very nice and cosy town, the food and beer is great (as expected), Belgian's like making people get lost - especially in museums - and they have some beautiful churches. We tasted lots of beers, saw a very traditional brewery, went to several museums and churches, and walked surprisingly (but not unpleasantly) much.
And now for the feeling kinda sad thing. Because we also got bad news from home while there. On Monday, a friend called Stefan to tell us that another friend of ours had committed suicide. He wasn't our closest friend exactly, but we both liked him very much, and he was a guest at the wedding too. So Monday we'll be attending his funeral :(
As for the being busy part, I'm going to go sail in canoes with friends this weekend. Not the best timing for me, especially not now after the sad news, but I'm looking forward to seeing my good friends in Jutland. And I'll stay with one of them an extra night, from Sunday to Monday, since the funeral is in Ã…rhus.
So, when I've completed my canoe trip and said a proper goodbye to a friend who'll be missed very much, I'll probably be ready to tell all about the wedding, with lots of pictures. Till then, this little update will have to do.
The answer is: Sometime next week?
Why not before: Well, a combination of being busy and being sad.
Thus this post to explain why and give a short update about what I've been doing since the last post.
We spent Sunday cleaning the place where we had the wedding party Saturday, and going to another town (an hours drive or so away) with my sister in law and her boyfriend (I have a sister in law! How cool is that?!) to lay my bouquet on Stefan's father's grave. But I already mentioned that, didn't I?
Monday we cleaned our own apartment - a little. Some of our friends had been in to pour rice everywhere, move some of our stuff around, write "congratulations" in tooth paste on our bathroom mirror, and other nice things, as is the tradition. Also we had a whole heap of presents. So something had to be done, and we cleaned up most of the rice on the floor (there's still loads of it left on shelves, in cupboards and in drawers) and moved stuff so there was actually a little free space on the floor. And we did a bit of laundry and packed our bags for the honeymoon.
Tuesday we started the honeymoon. We got to Brussels, found our hotel, checked in, got some food and looked at the town a bit. The next days we looked much more at the town (and at another one, Brugge, where we went on a one day trip). In brief, my opinion of it is: It's a very nice and cosy town, the food and beer is great (as expected), Belgian's like making people get lost - especially in museums - and they have some beautiful churches. We tasted lots of beers, saw a very traditional brewery, went to several museums and churches, and walked surprisingly (but not unpleasantly) much.
And now for the feeling kinda sad thing. Because we also got bad news from home while there. On Monday, a friend called Stefan to tell us that another friend of ours had committed suicide. He wasn't our closest friend exactly, but we both liked him very much, and he was a guest at the wedding too. So Monday we'll be attending his funeral :(
As for the being busy part, I'm going to go sail in canoes with friends this weekend. Not the best timing for me, especially not now after the sad news, but I'm looking forward to seeing my good friends in Jutland. And I'll stay with one of them an extra night, from Sunday to Monday, since the funeral is in Ã…rhus.
So, when I've completed my canoe trip and said a proper goodbye to a friend who'll be missed very much, I'll probably be ready to tell all about the wedding, with lots of pictures. Till then, this little update will have to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment