Since Stefan is usually away on Monday nights, I think I'll move my update day to Monday. I have less to do while sitting at the computer when I'm not talking to him on MSN, so it's nice to have this. When I move to Copenhagen myself to live with him, I'll move update day again, since I'll also be away on Monday nights then (doing the same thing he's doing now).
But anyway, one of the topics I promised I'd write about was my new diet.
The diet is of the type where you reduce your intake of carbohydrates, but it's a relatively permissive one where you keep the kinds of carbohydrates that are not so easily processed in the body. So I can eat wholemeal bread, for instance, but I need to stay away from sugar, potatoes, rice, pasta and white bread as much as possible. This is a bit tricky, but in many ways also kind of fun, since you get to invent ways to replace those things with other things. Today I tried making something somewhat resembling lasagna, and decided to replace the pasta plates with cabbage. It turns out I should probably have boiled the cabbage first, as it's still rather hard, but it works fine as far as the taste goes, since neither pasta nor cabbage has much taste in it.
Not eating sugar (or rather eating very little of it) has turned out to be much much easier than I expected. Diet soda is actually not hard to get used to, and one brand of sweetener (actually one specific kind from a brand that has more than one kind) tastes almost exactly like sugar when you use it in tea. Furthermore, having something that's sweet, but doesn't contain sugar, actually seems to satisfy my occassional cravings for sweet stuff. I'm allowing myself a little bit of chocolate every now and then, because I really love chocolate so much - and because I ate so much of it before that eating just a little bit still makes a big difference :)
And it's actually going quite well. I've weighed myself every day, and except for one day I've lost a little weight each time. Tomorrow it'll have been a week since the first time I weighed myself on my new weight, and if I don't gain anything compared to what I weighed this morning, I'll have lost almost 2 kg during that week.
But anyway, one of the topics I promised I'd write about was my new diet.
The diet is of the type where you reduce your intake of carbohydrates, but it's a relatively permissive one where you keep the kinds of carbohydrates that are not so easily processed in the body. So I can eat wholemeal bread, for instance, but I need to stay away from sugar, potatoes, rice, pasta and white bread as much as possible. This is a bit tricky, but in many ways also kind of fun, since you get to invent ways to replace those things with other things. Today I tried making something somewhat resembling lasagna, and decided to replace the pasta plates with cabbage. It turns out I should probably have boiled the cabbage first, as it's still rather hard, but it works fine as far as the taste goes, since neither pasta nor cabbage has much taste in it.
Not eating sugar (or rather eating very little of it) has turned out to be much much easier than I expected. Diet soda is actually not hard to get used to, and one brand of sweetener (actually one specific kind from a brand that has more than one kind) tastes almost exactly like sugar when you use it in tea. Furthermore, having something that's sweet, but doesn't contain sugar, actually seems to satisfy my occassional cravings for sweet stuff. I'm allowing myself a little bit of chocolate every now and then, because I really love chocolate so much - and because I ate so much of it before that eating just a little bit still makes a big difference :)
And it's actually going quite well. I've weighed myself every day, and except for one day I've lost a little weight each time. Tomorrow it'll have been a week since the first time I weighed myself on my new weight, and if I don't gain anything compared to what I weighed this morning, I'll have lost almost 2 kg during that week.
No comments:
Post a Comment