Friday, December 28, 2007

Good news from furry friends

The polar fox and the okapi excitedly run into the post.

Polar fox: We can tell now, we can tell! We can tell people why we multiplied back in September!

Okapi: We most certainly can! But perhaps we ought to quote that post from September first, or people will have no idea what we're talking about.

Fox: Good idea, old chap, absolutely splendid idea. Allow me:



"The polar fox and the okapi multiply for the special occasion, so 6 polar foxes and 28 okapis run across the post and throw confetti." (from "A New Home, September 17)

Okapi: Thanks a bunch my furry little friend! Can I tell people why we did it then?

Fox: Go ahead, my dear fellow!

Okapi: All right then: We were simply enacting a date. A wedding date, more specifically!

Fox: Even more specifically, we were enacting the date of our brilliant and ever so kind and beautiful creator, Ditte's wedding! June 28, 2008.

Okapi: And Stefan's too, don't forget Stefan. She can't go get married all by herself, now can she? And besides, he's such a lovely guy as well!

Fox: You are right as always, my friend, most delightfully right!

Okapi: We should tell the newest news too, I think. Will you do it, mate?

Fox: I'd be very much honoured! Very well, then: They have just booked a place where they can have the party. It's Herstedvester Forsamlingshus, a community center close to where they live.

Okapi: I'm so happy I could sing! Come sing with me, old boy!

Fox: Oh I couldn't, really I couldn't! I don't sing that well, I shouldn't bother the readers with my voice.

Okapi: It's a written blog, you can't really bother anyone. Come on now, be a good sport!

Fox: Oh, all right then, if you're certain I won't annoy anyone. What shall we sing then?

Okapi: Let's sing whatever each individual reader imagines we sing. That's one of the cool things you can do when you're just a character in someone's blog.

Fox: Indeed it is, dear fellow, indeed it is! And since it is another one of those cool things one can do when one is but a blog character, I shall also conjure up a brass band to accompany us.

The polar fox conjures up the brass band, and the band starts playing and the two animals start singing exactly what you think they start playing and singing.

No comments: