Saturday, February 09, 2008

100 things about me

I stumbled upon a little excercise where you have to write 100 facts about yourself and thought I'd try it. Here goes:

1) My name is Ditte.
2) I'm 24 years old.
3) I live in Albertslund, a Copenhagen suburb, with my fiancé, Stefan.
4) I study psychology at Aarhus University
5) The reason I'm not studying in Copenhagen is that I lived in Århus till last november when I moved over here to live with Stefan. Switching universities turned out to be hard to do and would involve me not getting credit for all the classes I took in Århus, so staying on at Aarhus university was easier. I only need to go back and forth once a week for one semester to take one class, then only my master thesis is left - and who cares where in the world I write that?
6) I will always identify myself as being from Jutland, no matter how long I live on Sealand.
7) It's nice over here, though. I LOVE the better public transport. And I enjoy the process of getting to know a new place.
8) My favourite colours are blue and green.
9) I've never been able to pick a favourite kind of food.
10) I really like it when there's garlic in food, though.
11) I am a member of Mensa.
12) My favourite band is Suede.
13) I love books. Books are amazingly wonderful.
14) My favourite authors include Jane Austen, Neil Gaiman, J.R.R. Tolkien, Agatha Christie, Dorothy L. Sayers, Douglas Adams, Philip Pullman, Dan Turèll and Guy Gavriel Kay. And probably several others I didn't think of right now.
15) I've memorised several poems we read in English in high school.
16) And also some passages from Macbeth.
17) My favourite poem is "The love song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T.S. Eliot.
18) I think a good sign that you found not just love, but a relationship that will last, is that it's not hard work at all.
19) This does not mean that I don't think there could be rough periods, and that you should work hard at staying together and not give up on the relationship. It just means that I think it's a very good start if you're compatible enough that getting used to having each other in each other's lives does not require major adjustment.
20) I'm very satisfied with my current relationship.
21) That's the reason I felt completely comfortable saying yes when he asked me to marry him.
22) We'll get married on June 28th. Wee!
23) I absolutely loathe the colour pink, and I will never ever dress a daughter of mine in that colour until she's old enough to have her own favourite colours. If she likes pink at that point, I'll let her wear it of course (I liked pink myself when I was little, I must admit, and would have been sad if I didn't get a say in what colours I could wear).
24) When I was little, I loved playing with My Little Ponies.
25) It may be all pink and glittery and stuff I don't really like now, but I still think they're great, and I still have all of mine (in my parents' attic, ready for when I have children of my own). Nostalgia's a powerful thing :)
26) I love Norse mythology and know a lot about it.
27) When I was little, one of my favourite books for my mum to read to me at bed time was an astronomy book for children.
28) According to my parents, I impressed the grown-ups at my daycare when I was little (2-3 years old I think) by talking about how the pupils change size based on the amount of light.
29) On my left hand I can bend my pinky finger without bending my ring finger. On my right hand I can't.
30) I think romanesco broccoli is very very cool.
31) I bought a new jacket recently, and I finally feel warm when I'm outside.
32) I feel cold very easily.
33) I once had a dream where gravity shifted. It was very life like and very interesting.
34) I dream of getting a pubquiz question where the answer is "oligodendrocytes".
35) I got new glasses recently, and it's incredibly nice to be able to see faraway things properly.
36) I have broken a bone once in my life.
37) That was a bone in my right foot, and I broke it by twisting the foot when I fell down the stairs at my parents' house.
38) I'm an atheist.
39) My favourite things to drink are orange juice, red wine, quality beer, and water.
40) I think soliloquy is a cool word.
41) I like my coffee both black and with milk, sometimes one, sometimes the other. This seems to be very hard for people to grasp.
42) My sense of empathy sometimes misguidedly stretches out to dead things. For instance I sometimes have to tell people to stop if they jokingly say there's reason to feel sorry for a thing because I actually start feeling sad.
43) I don't like olives.
44) It bothers me if the cutlery on a table isn't straight or is put in the wrong place.
45) It also bothers me when my clothes aren't folded the way I do it. Yes, I'm strange, I know.
46) I love chocolate.
47) I don't like films very much in general. There are several individual films I like alot, but I'm still not thrilled about the concept as such, for some reason.
48) I enjoy tv series, however.
49) I'm happy that I found a boyfriend with the same last name as me, since I like my last name, but also like the idea of having the same last name.
50)I can play the recorder.
51) As I write this fact, my internet is down.
52) We intend to get a cat, but it probably won't happen until after the wedding, since then I'll be able to be at home with it every day while it gets used to living with us.
53) During my life I've had a few birds, two rabbits, and a guinea pig as pets.
54) For our honeymoon we'll go to Belgium where we'll drink beer, eat french fries and chocolate, and of course see the sights.
55) My fiancé got a present from his job yesterday which consisted of champagne and a big amount of really expensive chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmmm!
56) I was born and grew up in Herning.
57) I was born at 12.50 in the (early) afternoon.
58) My favourite stuffed animal during my childhood was a dolphin I won at a tombola.
59) I have two younger brothers.
60) I was present at the birth of the youngest of them (I was 11 at the time).
61) In my family we always joke at Christmas and birthdays that there is an elephant in one of the presents.
62) One of my teeth is a milk tooth since there is no permanent tooth to replace it.
63) I had a root canal done once. I was very nervous, having heard it could hurt a lot even with the local anaestetics, but the only pain I felt was when my neck muscles started to hurt because I had to keep my mouth open for so long.
64) I'm very fond of trees.
65) I have a keyring with a shark that glows in different colours when you press a button.
66) I don't use it for my keys, though.
67) There are 3 keys on my key chain: The key to the flat, the key to my bicycle, and a key to my parents' house.
68) I wear a helmet when I ride my bicycle.
69) I'm finding this so much harder than I thought.
70) I've had my brain scanned when I took a class where we got to see an MRI scanner, and they needed someone to be scanned in order to show us the procedure.
71) I still have the scan pictures.
72) I like grey socks.
73) I think one of the most annoying and rude things people can do is to play music on their mobile phones on the bus without using headphones.
74) I want my master thesis to be about how knowledge is stored and organised in the human mind/brain.
75) I'm generally a positive person.
76) I loathe postmodernism and social constructionism.
77) My hair is very straight and smooth which means that if I try to do more with it in than just putting it in a ponytail, it very often just falls down again.
78) I'm very often very silly.
79) I'm quite a perfectionist (although not about everything).
80) I sometimes discover that I remind myself of my mother.
81) This is not at all something I mind. In fact, I'm proud of it.
82) I killed a spider today.
83) I hate getting up early.
84) People say my handwriting is hard to decipher.
85) I talk to myself.
86) I also talk to things - often to complain if they won't behave as I want them to.
87) Yes, I'm weird. I like it.
88) When I'm stressed I tend to snap at people if they don't do things exactly my way.
89) I don't really like that about myself so I usually apologise right away.
90) I'm not adverse to cheating a little to get to the point where I only need to write 10 more facts.
91) I have a small cut under my left foot from a small shard of porcelain I stepped on a few days ago.
92) A wasp once flew down my cleavage, got stuck on my stomach, and stung me. I think I killed it when I brushed it out from under my t-shirt - that'll teach it not to sexually harass someone from another species again!
93) I have a small scar where the wasp stung me.
94) I also have a scar on my cheek from a fall, two on my left foot from another fall, and a couple on my right arm from some hot oil.
95) I'm very tired right now.
96) I am, however, also too stubborn not to finish this tonight.
97) I ate too much candy tonight.
98) I think pointy shoes are very ugly.
99) After sharing a kitchen with others who didn't all clean up after themselves for 4 years, I really enjoy having a kitchen of my own.
100) I was able to come up with 100 facts about myself!

1 comment:

Clauds said...

Hi Ditte, I finally did mine and started a new blog for us to keep up with each other, considering we rarely chat now!