- Most people actually like you.
- People who like you are good, nice people who will stick by you. They won't suddenly decide that you're a horrible person if someone should happen to say something that implies it, not even if it is being said based on some episode they didn't personally observe.
- They won't even stop liking you if you sometimes do react a little harshly. Everybody does that, and they know that, they don't expect you to be some perfect creature who does nothing wrong ever.
- It doesn't matter if not everybody likes you. Nobody is liked by everyone. If someones dislikes you, it won't magically make everyone dislike you.
Do you hear that, little voice in the back of my head? If it's so hard of you to really let me believe in my own worth, at least let me believe in the fact that my friends and accquaintances are decent people, and that I can't be so enormously disgusting that it would make even nice, decent people stop behaving like nice, decent people. Because that's the truth. I'm going to start believing it right now, and then you, little hateful voice in the back of my head, will just have to follow at some point. I'm tired of listening to stupid nonsensical ideas from inside my own head. Maybe I can't stop them right away, but at least I can decide to do my best not to listen.
2 comments:
Oh! I know that little voice too! Or maybe it's its friend! Either way it has been camping ind my head since fifth grade, the little bastard. And unfortunately it wasn't until after high school I learned to talk back. It's stille up there and still makes life difficult.
I do have an advice, though. Sometimes - but only sometimes - it helps to do things/react fast enough so that the little voice simply can't keep up. You just have to force yourself not to linger too long (mentally) at words and actions, even though it is hard.
Thanks for advice - I'll try to try it :)
Post a Comment