I don't really have much to say on any particular subject, so a few words about several different thing seems the way to go today.
I promised that I'd write about being an intern at a dementia clinic. Well, the patients are interesting, but getting comfortable in the work environment has been quite hard, as has learning to test patients myself. The first because I feel a little bit left to myself which is not easy when you're also quite shy and not good at taking initiatives. The latter because I'm not great at dealing with people (yes, an aspiring psychologist with bad social skills - a bit strange, I know) and because I'm quite perfectionistic and get nervous. At this point I'm doing alright in both those areas, but it still seems to take a fair amount of energy, and after 4 weeks and a day of spending extra energy I'm starting to feel a bit drained. The week after next week is a week off, fortunately, so I'm looking forward to get recharged a bit then. And after that there's just 4 weeks to go, and then I get to go live with Stefan :)
My diet is still working alright. The progress isn't as fast as it was in the beginning, but it's still going downwards, and I'm now less than 1 kg from my first goal.
Stefan and I signed the contract for our new flat, and today he paid the deposit and the rent for the first month. In principle we have a flat together from precisely today! We can't get into it for two more weeks, though, as they're doing some repairing there. But we officially have a place that's ours now, not his or mine - yay!
I promised that I'd write about being an intern at a dementia clinic. Well, the patients are interesting, but getting comfortable in the work environment has been quite hard, as has learning to test patients myself. The first because I feel a little bit left to myself which is not easy when you're also quite shy and not good at taking initiatives. The latter because I'm not great at dealing with people (yes, an aspiring psychologist with bad social skills - a bit strange, I know) and because I'm quite perfectionistic and get nervous. At this point I'm doing alright in both those areas, but it still seems to take a fair amount of energy, and after 4 weeks and a day of spending extra energy I'm starting to feel a bit drained. The week after next week is a week off, fortunately, so I'm looking forward to get recharged a bit then. And after that there's just 4 weeks to go, and then I get to go live with Stefan :)
My diet is still working alright. The progress isn't as fast as it was in the beginning, but it's still going downwards, and I'm now less than 1 kg from my first goal.
Stefan and I signed the contract for our new flat, and today he paid the deposit and the rent for the first month. In principle we have a flat together from precisely today! We can't get into it for two more weeks, though, as they're doing some repairing there. But we officially have a place that's ours now, not his or mine - yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment