AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! GAAAAARGH! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!!
Sorry, really needed to scream. I'm looking forward to the wedding very much (and to the marriage even more), but I'm really getting nervous now. I've never planned a big party before, and I don't think I'll feel entirely convinced that it'll go well, until I can actually see it with my own eyes. It still feels surreal that all the planning is actually going to have a result.
Today I'm going to buy sugarpaste for the cake and some plates to put it on and try to find a small ironing board for shirt sleeves. Tomorrow I'm going to try on my wedding dress and then probably bring it home from the shop where it's stored now ("probably" because I have to try it on first - if something doesn't fit properly they'll correct that first before I get to take it home). We're also going to go talk to a florist. During the weekend we need to plan our honeymoon further (make some sort of rough plan of what we want to do there so we don't miss anything good :)) and talk about how our official wedding pictures should look. And I'm going to make a nice looking seating plan to hang on the wall so people don't have to go look at every seat to find their own. This week sure is a busy one! Yesterday I bought two dinosaur figures for cake toppers (we don't much like the traditional ones except a few that were too expensive, so we decided to have something silly instead :)) and some ribbon and fabric to make a tie for the man dino and a veil for the woman dino. We made the tie and veil and glued them on too. Tuesday we made the seating plan (decided where each person will sit, I mean - the nicely written plan people can look at to see where they'll sit will be made this weekend, as mentioned) and made some decisions about different stuff.
And the next two weeks will probably be busy too. I need to make the wedding cake, we're meeting the photographer, we need to talk further to the chef (a friend of Stefan's) and arrange buying ingredients for the food, we have to buy all the wine, beer and soda (except some beer we ordered online and got yesterday) and also some coffee, tea and toilet paper, we must go to IKEA for some things, and we have to make playlists. Oh, and I need to finish writing my speech.
Do I need to say that I'm not just looking forward to the wedding because it'll be a wonderful day and I'll marry the man I love, but also because it means all the preparations will be over? :)
Well, I'd better get on with it all ...
1 comment:
I can't wait to see the dressed up dino's on your wedding cake - awsome solution! :D
Oh, and by the way. You are not the only one having a hard time. I had to find shoes...and...and...ah, guess that was it. Okay, fair enough...good luck with making it all come togehter! ;)
Post a Comment