In his dark and sinister cellar, the evil Peter M. sits, working on his cruel plans.
PM: "My attempts to drive the students insane have all failed! They have made it through all the lectures in spite of the evil and mad theories I have so cunningly placed in them. Annoying little mentally stable bastards! What is an aspiring supervillain to do?!"
Peter M. jumps up in frustration, walks in hexagons (simple circles won't do it for an aspiring supervillain), and finally socially constructs a small polar fox to calm himself down.
PM: "I must make a new superplan. The master of all evil plans. And I have one final chance: The exam. But the students have shown their ability to tolerate mad theories - what else can I do to drive them insane?"
The polar fox: "Ahem! Excuse me, my Lord!"
PM: "Who are you now? What do you want?"
Fox: "I am - very humbly, may I add - the insignificant little creature you so splendidly constructed socially."
PM: "Huh? Oh, right, you. I forgot to replace you with a new discourse like I normally do with my social constructs to prevent them from bothering me afterwards. I must have been too preoccupied with my frustrations. But as you're already here annoying me, tell me what in the holy name of Postmodernism you want to say!"
Fox: "I was only going to suggest to you, oh great Social Constructor, that you might try to give the students an exam question which they will never be able to answer in a satisfactory way within the limits given. I make this suggestion with the utmost admiration of your efforts so far, of course, and in the knowledge that of course you must already have thought of it yourself and merely need to be reminded."
PM: "Why of course, that was just what I was thinking. I would have remembered it if you hadn't started interrupting my thoughts, you know..."
Fox: "My humble apologies, oh the most facilitating of all facilitators".
PM: "Quiet!"
Peter M. starts writing down six simple questions.
PM: "There now. Six questions, and with only 14.4 pages to answer them in, at most. That must be impossible."
Fox: "You might also make them ambiguous and hard to understand so that they will never know exactly what it is you wish from them - which, of course, you were already about to do, oh Master of the domain of reflection."
PM: "Why of course, you pestering little rat!"
Peter M. makes the questions ambiguous and hard to understand.
PM: "There now. I feel much better now".
He jumps up, this time from sheer joy, and starts a discourse that views the polar fox as a ham and cheese sandwich which he then eats.
PM: "My attempts to drive the students insane have all failed! They have made it through all the lectures in spite of the evil and mad theories I have so cunningly placed in them. Annoying little mentally stable bastards! What is an aspiring supervillain to do?!"
Peter M. jumps up in frustration, walks in hexagons (simple circles won't do it for an aspiring supervillain), and finally socially constructs a small polar fox to calm himself down.
PM: "I must make a new superplan. The master of all evil plans. And I have one final chance: The exam. But the students have shown their ability to tolerate mad theories - what else can I do to drive them insane?"
The polar fox: "Ahem! Excuse me, my Lord!"
PM: "Who are you now? What do you want?"
Fox: "I am - very humbly, may I add - the insignificant little creature you so splendidly constructed socially."
PM: "Huh? Oh, right, you. I forgot to replace you with a new discourse like I normally do with my social constructs to prevent them from bothering me afterwards. I must have been too preoccupied with my frustrations. But as you're already here annoying me, tell me what in the holy name of Postmodernism you want to say!"
Fox: "I was only going to suggest to you, oh great Social Constructor, that you might try to give the students an exam question which they will never be able to answer in a satisfactory way within the limits given. I make this suggestion with the utmost admiration of your efforts so far, of course, and in the knowledge that of course you must already have thought of it yourself and merely need to be reminded."
PM: "Why of course, that was just what I was thinking. I would have remembered it if you hadn't started interrupting my thoughts, you know..."
Fox: "My humble apologies, oh the most facilitating of all facilitators".
PM: "Quiet!"
Peter M. starts writing down six simple questions.
PM: "There now. Six questions, and with only 14.4 pages to answer them in, at most. That must be impossible."
Fox: "You might also make them ambiguous and hard to understand so that they will never know exactly what it is you wish from them - which, of course, you were already about to do, oh Master of the domain of reflection."
PM: "Why of course, you pestering little rat!"
Peter M. makes the questions ambiguous and hard to understand.
PM: "There now. I feel much better now".
He jumps up, this time from sheer joy, and starts a discourse that views the polar fox as a ham and cheese sandwich which he then eats.
No comments:
Post a Comment