Monday, November 05, 2007

Countdown

Next weekend will be the last weekend where I have to say goodbye to Stefan Sunday evening. In other words, this week is the second last week of my internship. There are 11 days to go, 7 days left where I won't see Stefan at all, 9 nights to sleep on my own, 9 mornings to wake up alone, 4 more patients to see (unless there are cancellations or my supervisor only gives me one the last week to make sure I get the report finished), 2 more Mensa café meetings in Århus, 2 more times watching Desperate Housewives in the common room ...

And when all those numbers reach zero, I'll have a real home instead of just a room, I'll get to sleep in a lovely big bed rather than the old one here, I'll have a nice kitchen and a bathroom where you don't risk water running down your back when you try to wash your hands, I'll have moved the farthest away from my family I've ever been (although still close enough to feel fine about it), and I'll get to live with the man I plan to spend the rest of my life with.

Life isn't all that bad, really.

No comments: