Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Joys and Troubles of Moving

I have now moved into Stefan's and my new home, so I thought a post about the nice and less nice things about moving would be in order.

Nice:
  • The new place in general. It's so great to have a real flat and not just a room
  • To get to live with Stefan in general.
  • Getting rid of a lot of the useless stuff I had accumulated since last time I moved. I've become quite good at throwing stuff away - it feels good, actually.
  • Lovely new IKEA furniture - cheap but perfectly good. I especially love our new dining table and chairs.
  • The lovely feeling of getting things arranged well when you unpack.
  • A new place to explore and get to know
Not so nice:
  • It takes such a long time to unpack!
  • The stress I get from unpacking. There's too much I have to try to be in control of, and it makes me stressed and annoyed so I start snapping at poor Stefan when he doesn't do things exactly as I want them. I think it's good that I have time alone while he's at work, and also that I'm going back to Ã…rhus for a few days to clean my old room and see friends, because I can feel that my fuse hasn't quite regained it's normal length yet :)
  • The longer distance to my friends and family.
  • The queue on the way here, and the whole long car trip in general.
  • All the cardboard boxes, paper, plastic, etc. you get when you buy new furniture.
  • Reporting to the authorities that we've moved: We found a web page where you could do that, if you had a so called digital signature. So we ordered one each and reported moving when we got it. But there was no option for me to choose a new doctor then, which I remembered a day or two ago. Today it turns out the central register hasn't registered my new address at all as far as I can see, but I found a different place to get it registered which will also let me choose a new doctor at the same time. Stefan doesn't think his registration worked either, so now we're both going to try the new site this evening, and hopefully it will work.

I've found as many negative things as positive, apparently, but the first two positive things are so positive they make up for the negative ones easily. So I'm happy with my new home! I'll take some pictures when we've got more done with the new place ( like hanging pictures) and post a few here.

No comments: